POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVing again (~170k) : Re: POVing again (~170k) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVing again (~170k)
From: Sun Tzu
Date: 29 Feb 2004 01:28:03
Message: <40418673$1@news.povray.org>
Thank you for the suggestions.  Adding in some errors in the tiles is a good
idea.  I'll try and add a random error to the loop that places the tiles.
I'm not happy with the wood texture on the cutting board either, as I noted
in my reply to Daniel above, my material skills are rather weak.  I believe
that wood is just one of the standard textures from one of the standard inc
files that I tried to modify, but with little success.    I suspect I really
don't understand how the 'colormap' statement and multi layer materials
work.  Here's the material.  I'd appreciate any specific ideas you might
have for improving it.

 material {
   texture  // txt_75_1
   {
      pigment
      {
         wood
         color_map
         {
            [ 0.0     rgbft <0.6, 0.35, 0.2, 0.0, 0.0> ]
            [ 0.1     rgbft <0.6, 0.35, 0.2, 0.0, 0.0> ]
            [ 0.9     rgbft <0.9, 0.65, 0.3, 0.0, 0.0> ]
            [ 1.0     rgbft <0.6, 0.35, 0.2, 0.0, 0.0> ]
         }
         turbulence 0.05
         octaves 4
         ramp_wave
         scale  <0.15, 0.15, 1.0>
         rotate -90.0 * z

      }
      finish
      {
         ambient 0.2
         diffuse 0.5
         phong 0.4
         phong_size 16.0
         specular 0.1
         roughness 0.002
         reflection {0.02 fresnel on}

      }

   }
   interior{
         ior 1.5
      }
   texture  // txt_76_1
   {
      pigment
      {
         bozo
         color_map
         {
            [ 0.0     rgbft <0.9, 0.65, 0.3, 0.0, 0.0> ]
            [ 0.1     rgbft <0.9, 0.65, 0.3, 0.3, 0.0> ]
            [ 1.0     rgbft <1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.0> ]
         }
         scale  <0.01, 0.01, 100000.0>
         rotate -90.0 * z
      }